Sunday, August 29, 2010

Question #28: Overcoming Boredom

Jewel’s question: i’m bored

Current mood: spicy

My Dearest Jewel,

Although I have a difficult time understanding the concept of boredom and actually feel compelled to peck out your eyeballs for not having the imagination or motivation to take full advantage of living on this incredible planet, I think I have a solution that will most definitely add a hefty dose of adventure and fun to your life while also helping you to grow as a person: Get your neckerchief pressed Jewel because you're going to join the Cub Scouts!

I've been a Cub Scout for almost a year now and all I can say is Wow! I've never been exposed to so many beneficial, mind blowing experiences.

To give you a little taste, the following are a few of the activities you'll soon be enjoying:

Pooh Sticks  In this game each Cub Scout takes a shit on a paper plate and then impales his excrement with sticks found in the back yard. The scout with the most sticks wins!

Bombs and Shields  In this game Cub Scouts learn the value of teamwork. The Den leader plays the role of "The Bomber." To prepare, The Bomber puts on dark sunglasses, a gray hooded sweatshirt and collects a pile of rocks the size of his fist. The Scouts are paired off - one Scout is "The Target" while the other is "The Shield." When The Bomber yells "Go," he begins throwing rocks at The Target while The Target uses his partner as a Shield of protection. If The Bomber hits a Target he gets a point, but if The Shield is hit instead The Target gets a point. (This game is typically followed by Basic First Aid Practice.)

Jimmy Jimmy Activity This game prepares young boys for manhood. It involves learning various self pleasuring techniques while reciting the chant "Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, Woop, Jimmy, Woop, Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy." Although this activity made me feel a little uncomfortable, the other Scouts sure seemed to enjoy it.

Macaroni Art  For this activity Scouts are given uncooked macaroni, glue and construction paper and then are instructed to use their materials to create a picture of a one-celled animal. Here's one I created:

I can't wait to hear about your adventures in Cub Scouting Jewel! Let me know how it goes?

Have a question? Email me SteveTheRaven@tds.net

No comments:

Post a Comment