Monday, September 27, 2010

Steve the Raven's "Help Me Bring Religion into the 21st Century" Contest

Current mood: Thai


In light of all the religious fervor these days, I've decided to jump on the bandwagon and create my own religion.

And I’m hoping you can help!

The foundation for any worthwhile religion is its name. It has to be something catchy, yet stirring. A flood of great names showered down on me from the heavens – so many great options that I found it virtually impossible to choose which one was best. It was overwhelming, really.

But then it hit me – how about a contest?!! Inventing a new religion should feel inclusive! So I invite all 13 of you, dear readers, to participate in the naming of my new religion.

All you have to do is review the options listed below and choose your top 3 favourites. In the comment section below or on facebook, list which names you picked in the order of your preference. The deadline for submitting your suggestions is October 9th, 2010. Have fun !
  1. "Better Living through Mohair"
  2.  "Hasidic Reflux"
  3. "Church of the Perpetual Catfish"
  4. "Kingdom of the Blessed Road Kill"
  5. "Holy Shit"
  6. "Focus on the Hairy Virgin"
  7. "The Sacred Covenant of Fuck It"
  8. "Orthodox Ooze"
  9. "Church of the Condescending One"
  10. "Steve's Witnesses: Where the sheep come to be slaughtered"

After we settle on a name, I’ll be working hard to invent the doctrines of this fine new faith and will present them in future posts.

(I attempted to create an easy-to-use poll/survey to make the voting process simpler, but it turns out that online poll programs frown upon the use of the words fuck and shit. Who knew?)

1 comment:

  1. Oh it's a toss-up between 7.) "The Sacred Covenant of Fuck It" and 9.) "Church of the Condescending One". I do think , however, that the Church of the Condescending One may be more "inspirational". I would love to see the 10 Commandments of the Condescending One!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

    Keep up the great blogging!!

    ReplyDelete