Sunday, November 7, 2010

Steve Interviews Sigmund Freud

Current mood: supple

This month in Steve the Raven Interviews Dead People, I chat with the 'father of psychoanalysis' Sigmund Freud.


Steve the Raven: So Sigmund, you've been dead for about 70 years now. What do you miss most about being alive?

Sigmund Freud: (writes some notes on a pad) Interesting question. What makes you ask that particular question?

STR: It's the question I always start these interviews with.

SF: Tell me, what do you feel is missing from your life?

STR: I feel like my life would be complete if you answered my question.

SF: I see. How long have you been feeling this way?

STR: About 30 seconds. I'm not your patient. This is an interview.

SF: Hmmmm. (Writes down the word "denial" and underlines it). Tell me more.

STR: I did a little research before meeting with you and found out that your middle name is Schlomo. Did your parents hate you?

SF: Ah, so you feel your parents hate you?

STR: (rolls eyes)

SF: Tell me the first thing that comes to mind when I say the word 'parents.'

STR: Motherfucker.

SF: Interesting.

STR: I thought you'd like that.

SF: Please continue.

STR: Let's see. The next thought that pops into my head is: Schlomo is a motherfucker.

SF: What else?

STR: Penis . . . sausage . . . large . . . crooked . . . hung . . .

SF: Go on.

STR: Jung.

SF: (Grimaces)

STR: (Gasps) I think I realized something.

SF: Yes?

STR: Carl Jung was smarter than you.

SF: (Glaring) You're very disturbed.

STR: You seem upset. Did I upset you some how? Don't go.

SF: I'm afraid our time is up.

STR: I remind you of your mother, don't I? You want to marry me, don't you? I can see it in your eyes.

SF: (floats away)

STR: (calling after Sigmund) Come back Schlomo. Come back and sit on mommy's lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment